Thursday, July 9, 2015

Entry - July 9, 1936

Dyslin got his foot in the buzz saw although he did not get it cut seriously. Lucky boy. I went in for a swim in the lake again today. It is still very cold. I took one roll of my films today an I think I got some pretty pictures. I got six pictures of the bear at the foot of Mt. Vaught.

Robert


--------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments From Chris -

One of the stories passed down from Robert through my uncle was about a diving board set up on the lake (Lake McDonald). The camp had CCC enrollees coming in and out of the camp regularly. When the new guys would first come to the camp, the more experienced enrollees would quietly sit by and watch as newcomers would come up to try out that diving board. They would jump in without knowing how freezing cold that lake water was. I'm sure they all got a good laugh out of it.

Several photos available for this post. I hope you enjoy them.

Robert jumping off the diving board at Lake McDonald
From Robert's Photo Collection

Back of photo says "Mt Vaught, 9740 ft."
From Robert's Photo Collection
One of the bear photos
From Robert's Photo Collection


2 comments:

  1. Enjoying the posts, especially the ones with accompanying photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Glacier National Park looks amazing. I think the future holds a trip to the park.

      Delete