Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Entry - July 7, 1936

7:00 P.M. I had a nice swim in Lake McDonald today. The water is fed by the streams coming down from the glaciers so its breathtakingly cold. I also got a good picture of me standing by a bear. I talked with a couple of people from Illinois and they didn’t give me a very favorable version of things.

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments From Chris -

The lake only gets up to about 70 degrees in the summer. The next time you go swimming, take a look at the water temperature for comparison. This is cold water.

I'm not sure what was going on back in Illinois. Keep in mind, Robert was 20 at the time, this could be anything.

Glacier National Park has webcams! Take a look here at Lake McDonald.

Robert with the bear
From Robert's Photo Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment