Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Entry - July 8, 1936

Went up the trail to Avalanche Lake at the foot of Mt. Cannon and seen more natural beautiful scenes in one hour than I had in the rest of my life put-to-gether. The captain announced that the company is giving a dance Friday night. I am going to be there with bells on. I bought two rolls of films tonight.

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments From Chris -



Luckily enough, I have many of the photos from the rolls of film Robert mentions. I'll include those when I can. I'm trying to find other photos as well that help tell the story while also keeping in mind copyright protection.

Over this past 4th of July weekend I made a great find. While looking through some of Robert's old CCC photos, I came across a map which he had in 1936. I consider it a big score. I'll use that now when he mentions places he has been.




Back of photo says "Avalanche Falls"
From Robert's Photo Collection

Robert's Map - Avalanche Lake and Mt. Cannon are shown
"Avalanche Lake" by Glacier National Park - Flickr: Avalanche Lake
Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons.

1 comment:

  1. Great find with the map, it's neat it survived all these years!

    ReplyDelete