Friday, July 10, 2015

Entry - July 10, 1936

6:00 We had fish tonight for supper so I didn’t eat very much. Tonight is the night we have the big dance and I have borrowed all the clothes and money that I can get hold of and expect to have a big time tonight. Bolen, Mansfield, Pete and Dizzy and I are going together to the dance.

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments From Chris -

The CCC program resulted in many marriages. For many of the young men, this was their first trip away from home. Some of them ended up staying where they went. Others brought home wives. I would imagine the guys were very excited about the prospect of meeting the local young women.



Robert and Bolen.
From Robert's Photo Collection

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading these, Chris! Thanks for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jason. It's been enjoyable. Good things to come!

      Delete