Saturday, July 4, 2015

Entry - July 4, 1936

Today is my birthday and I am twenty. I went to the Rodeo in Kalispell and seen a wonderful exhibition. I received 15 cards from Cairo. Tomorrow I am going down to sunset trail to the glacier chalet up by the lake McDonald hotel. The mountains are very beautiful up there.
Altitude 10,000 ft.

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments From Chris -

The camp was around Lake McDonald in Glacier National Park. Kalispell was the closest large town at 40 miles away.

The Lake McDonald Lodge was built in 1913 and is still there today. It sits right on Lake McDonald. You can read more about it here.


Lake McDonald Lodge
Lake McDonald Lodge 1" by L.S. Harrison. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons





No comments:

Post a Comment