Friday, July 3, 2015

Entry - July 3, 1936

I received this book today from Johnnie and Aunt Lena and I am proud of it. It is given to me for a birthday present. I am in a c. c. c. camp in the Glacier National Park in Montana. There is a spot fire up at St. Mary’s Lake but I did not get called out on it.     Yet.

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments From Chris -

So we made it to the first post. I'm going to try to add commentary and photos for each as we go along. Robert wrote in the journal just about every day and these will be the same. The difference will be that he tended to write at the end of each day and I'm going to post them in the morning at 9:00AM CST.


Johnnie was Robert's younger brother. This is for Robert's 20th birthday. He was born July 4, 1916.


Page from the journal


Saint Mary's Lake is about 40 miles away and there is not a direct route there. If he would have gotten called out, this would have been rough travel and a tough job once there. This lake is the one you see in Forrest Gump when Forrest is running. Beautiful country.


1 comment:

  1. Glacier I'm sure was a wonderful spot to live and work at that time.

    ReplyDelete