Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Entry - September 9, 1936

8.00 PM We are supposed to have a picture show tonight but they called it off at the last minute because they could not start the motor to generate the electricity so we didn’t have lights or picture show either one. We might have it tomorrow.

Robert

--------------------------------------------
Comments from Chris

Sounds like a dark night in camp. This is a good opportunity to show pictures I've come across that I thought were impressive. I'm a big fan of a clear night sky in an area away from city lights. Now that I live close to a city, I don't get to see that view nearly enough. When I was growing up in the same small town Robert did, you could see much more of the night sky, but I don't think it was anything compared to the views in the photos below. I wonder what Robert thought when seeing it every night.

Night Sky Over Lake McDonald
GNP Flickr

Night Sky Over Lake McDonald
GNP Flickr



No comments:

Post a Comment