Saturday, September 12, 2015

Entry - September 12, 1936

4.30 PM I’ve noticed that the pine needles are falling off so that means that the big snow is not fall off. The temperature has dropped down to 20 to 25 above every night. I feel the urge to go home again today. I am going to be home by Christmas.

Robert

--------------------------------------------------
Comments from Chris

It looks like after a hot summer the temperature has really dropped off. This week (2015) is having lows in the 40s and highs in the 70s. I'm sure it's much lower on the mountains though. 

At this point Robert has been away from home for just over one year. I should have marked his one year anniversary of signing up for this CCC tour. It was on 8/27 when he was fighting the Heaven's Peak fire. I wonder if he thought about that anniversary while sleeping in the wet bag on the trail.


Back of photos says "Looking south from camp"
From Robert's CCC Photo Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment