Saturday, September 5, 2015

Entry - September 5, 1936

4.00 PM I signed up for another six months in the c.c.c. today. I guess I will get home next April if I don’t run into any more forest fires like the last one. There were twenty accidents on the last fire.

Robert

----------------------------------------------
Comments from Chris

This would be Robert's fourth term in the CCC. Once the journal ends, I don't have much record of where he went during this term. Something I have yet to do is request his records from the National Archives. This seems like an interesting service and if you have family members which were in the CCC you may want to try it out. 

Take a look -
http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/archival-programs/civilian-personnel-archival/ccc-holdings-access.html

No comments:

Post a Comment