Friday, September 4, 2015

Entry - September 4, 1936

8.00 PM I am taking my days off from the fire now. I think that I will catch up on my letter writing on my time off.

It is rumored again that we are going to move to Salt Lake City Utah. I think that we will down on the west coast someplace myself.


Robert

--------------------------------------------------
Comments from Chris

I've found it interesting how closely some attributes of this year match up to 1936. Wildfire outbreaks have been one of those attributes. 

2015 has been a bad year for wild fire in the western United States. You've probably seen many of these on the news and heard of firefighters losing their lives. Much like 1936, this year has been very dry and made conditions favorable for quick spreading fire.

Take a look at this article on 2015 wildfires - 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/07/23/scorched-earth-us-wildfires-near-record-level/30579279/



No comments:

Post a Comment