Thursday, August 13, 2015

Entry - August 13, 1936

10.00 P.M. Rained again today thus reducing fire hazards. Expected to go to another fire today till it rained. I guess the lord is still thinking of us c.c.c. boys.

Samboy killed a bat today that was flying around in our tent.

In a womens eyes there lies and lies and lies and lies.


Robert

----------------------------------------
Comments from Chris


I take it Robert had some time on his hands today for the little bit of poetry. 

While reading this post I was thinking about how the weather makes such a difference in these fire fights. If I was there today, I would be regularly checking the weather map on my phone. The problem here is that it would be another decade before weather radar came about. In World War II radar operators noticed they could see precipitation while looking for aircraft. After the war, they spent investigating this further and developed it in to what we have today. I imagine wildfire fighters now eagerly keep an eye on it. 

One of the Camp Tents
From Robert's CCC Photo Collection


August 13th entry from the Journal
Robert's CCC Journal

1 comment: